THE CLASSIC SANGRIA
- 1 bottle Mistinguett Semi-Dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Garnish: orange wheel and mint leaves
- In a large pitcher, add the sugar, orange, apple and lemon. Using a muddler, press the ingredients against the sides of the pitcher for approximately 45 seconds for the release the flavours to bind with the alcohol.
- Add the brandy and orange juice, and muddle again for another 30 seconds.
- Add the red wine, stir, add ice and serve.
LLB & GINGER SPRITZER
- 1 bottle Don Aurelio Verdejo 2017 white wine, chilled
- 1 330ml can Angostura LLB (lemon, lime and bitters), chilled
- 4 ounces ginger simple syrup, chilled (recipe below)
In a large pitcher combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into wine glass and serve immediately. Serves: 4-6
GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped ginger
- Bring sugar and water to a boil for a few minutes, then add in the ginger. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the ginger infuse in the syrup for 20 minutes. Strain the simple syrup through a sieve and into a glass bottle or jar and save the rest for another batch.
LYCHEE ROSÉ MIMOSAS
- 1 bottle Don Aurelio Rosado 2017 rosé wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans lychee in syrup, strain and separate lychees from syrup
- ½ cup rosewater
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces lychee syrup and 1 ounce rosewater in each champagne coupe or cocktail glass.
- Top with sparkling wine (about 4-6 ounces, depending on size of your glass.) Garnish with 2-3 lychees and enjoy! Serves: 4
NOTE: Before making your mimosas, be sure to chill your sparkling wine, lychee syrup and rosewater in advance.
QUEEN BEE YELLOW TAIL
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces Yellow Tail Moscato
Garnish: lemon slice and mint sprig
- Place honey and lemon juice in a glass; stir until honey is dissolved. Add Moscato and stir.
- Fill glass with crushed ice and garnish with a lemon slice and mint sprig. Drizzle top with additional honey, if desired. Serves: 1